You Work Hard, Now it’s Time to Celebrate. Your Labor Day Weekend Guide For 2016!
By - admin on August 18, 2016 in Community Events
More than 100 years after the first Labor Day was held, Southern and Northern California and Carson City, NV are still going strong with plenty of fun for all.
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes an annual national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well being of our country.
The last big holiday of summer is one of the nicest long weekends of the year, with most coastal locations experiencing some of their best weather. We gathered a list of the areas top favorites.
Top Labor Day Festivals in Northern California
- Sacramento: Gold Rush Days: Each year, Old Sacramento holds this annual festival at the 28-acre historic district each year. Some grab the family to view this spectacular scene straight out of the 1850’s.
- Fort Bragg: Paul Bunyan Days: We all know who Paul Bunyan is, so hear back to the wild, wild, west with Paul and Babe for a rowdy good time!
- Sonoma County: Sonoma Wine Country Weekend: Celebrate your palette this Labor Day with Taste of Sonoma. In years past, the event has boasted over 150 wineries and 60 local chefs delectable treats.
- Sausalito: Sausalito Art Festival: If fine art, food, music and wine are what you are after, look no further! America’s premiere waterfront fine art festival is in its 64th season and is sure to please.
- Apples in the Sierra Foothills: Labor Day weekend marks the opening of most Apple Hill ranches.
Labor Day Fun in Southern California
- San Diego: Festival of Sail: Tall ships, street faire, cannon battles, family fun, food, kids zone – what more can you ask for?
- Los Angeles: The Taste: Labor Day weekend just got tastier. Enjoy a vast collection of food, cocktails, wines and a unique chance to mingle with all The Times’
- Pomona: Los Angeles County Fair: Who doesn’t love a good ole’ fashioned county fair? Whether you are looking for fun, adventure, thrills or chills, there is something to experience at every corner.
- Hollywood: The Hollywood Bowl season is nearing an end, but they still have concerts through Labor Day weekend.
- San Pedro: Conquer the Bridge 5-Mile Race: Run across The Vincent Thomas Bridge! This 1500 feet long beauty (the 4th longest suspension bridge in California!) creates one challenging race course! Come out on Labor Day to join in!
Labor Day Fun in Carson City Nevada
- Keep Tahoe Blue Labor Day Beach Cleanup: The beaches can get thrashed with trash after the popular holiday weekend festivities. Help us keep our beaches clean! We provide cleanup materials, refreshments and a prize. Ride your bike to receive a special gift. Bring your reusable water bottle and friends!
- Labor Day Lake Tahoe Fireworks: This pyrotechnic extravaganza explodes over Lake Tahoe after dusk and features a variety of patterns, shapes, and designs. The show features a simultaneous music broadcast that can be heard on local stations KRLT-FM 93.9 and KOWL – AM 1490. Show begins at 8:30pm. The fireworks are visible from all over town. Check out a list of the sweet spots to get a front row seat.
- Tahoe City’s Labor Day Sidewalk Sale – September 2-4, 2016. Another fabulous reason to buy local at Tahoe City’s Town-wide Labor Day Weekend Sidewalk Sale. This sale offers some of the best deals of the season for locals and visitors to Tahoe City.
From all of us at Martin Auto Color to you and yours, we wish you a fun-filled Labor Day Weekend! We will be closed on Monday, September 5th so our employees can enjoy the holiday.
With over 120 associates and 18 distributorships in California and Nevada, Martin Auto Color is the largest California-headquartered PPG™ Platinum Distributor. Stop in or give us a call today!